Monday, January 28, 2013
Work shop in Orlando February 26th - April 2nd.
Mixed Media Collage with Christine Peloquin
Tuesdays 10 am to 1 pm -for 6 weeks
Learn the joys of mixed media collage! The workshop will address working with papers, fabrics, found objects, and past art work. The materials used will be the choice of each student, but students are encouraged to incorporate some of their own prior art work into new pieces. The objective of the work shop is to explore new mixed media techniques and excavate each student’s authentic voice in their art.
· Wood panel, canvas board or heavy paper at least 24” x 24” to use a base.
· Fabrics- cotton, batiks, polyesters, scraps, curtains, tablecloths, linens, new and old that speak to you. They don’t have to be perfect, just smooth.
· Papers -patterned, tissue paper, wall paper, wrapping paper, maps, old book pages, paper napkins that you love.
· Found Objects- old letters, keys, pressed dried flowers, ribbon, stamps etc
· Prior art projects that you are willing to let go of- watercolors, drawings, paintings, photographs…anything except oil paintings.
· Matte medium – at least 16 oz.– I love Utrecht acrylic matte medium
· Soft vine charcoal, soft charcoal pencils
· Workable or UV charcoal spray fixative
· Acrylic or latex paints
· Brushes including 2” finch or house painting brush for applying matte medium
· Scissors and exacto knife
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Monday, January 14, 2013
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2013
My kids love asking what time it is on the other side of the world and enjoy their expressions on their faces when I explain that some where in the middle of the Pacific ocean it is almost yesterday and right next to it, almost tomorrow. So isn't it interesting that we use the phrase 'Take the time'?
When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world. -Eckhart Tolle
Take the time.