Monday, October 18, 2010

Nowhere Fast


I wanted to do a piece about the ridiculousness of listening to your own thoughts. I mean really. When I am aware enough to acknowledge the differences between the ego and the spirit the way Eckart Tolle observed when he had the thought “I can’t live with myself anymore”, I find my ego is pretty clever at letting the negativity, the doubt, the frustration and the anger creep back in. Luckily, my spirit knows enough to keep bringing me back to the present moment. I know that “Your judgments about others become YOUR prescription for how to live.-Byron Katie.” And I know that “only when you dwell in the awareness in your relationships, can you rid your ego of the wanting.-Eckart Tolle” I am learning everyday that “Once you see the ego for what it is, it becomes much easier to remain non-reactive toward it. You don’t take it personally anymore.-more fabulous Tolle” Like the woman on the left, I am ready to turn this ship around in any direction it needs to go. I am ready to go along for the ride.

4 comments:

  1. Christine, I love this. Such wisdom...and your representation of it is lovely. Be sure and make sure the person who buys this knows your inspiration behind it. —Audrey Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very spiritual. Don't you love it when it seeps into all parts of you life. I've always heard something like 'your head is like bad neighborhood...don't go there alone'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way over due for this...thanks so much for your comments!!

    ReplyDelete